The Procurement Officer is responsible for tendering, FEED, and project procurement of minor and major Goods/Services within budget and in accordance with project specifications, procedures, and required delivery schedules. The role may also assist with the identification and qualification of suppliers.Contribute to development and improvement of the Corporate and Project Approved Supplier List.
• Participation in supplier review and selections.
• Perform various Procurement activities including arranging Request for Quotation (RFQ) package for bid and PO/Contract for purchases.
• Conduct bid opening, clarifications, commercial bid evaluation (CBE), and bid recommendation.
• Develop commercial package for major packages.
• Support identification of opportunities for strategic advantage, cost savings, and optimization of the supply chain.
• Address and negotiate bidder qualifications to terms and conditions with support from Company’s legal group.
• Responsible for the safe and complete delivery of equipment and services in a timely manner.
• Maintains relations with suppliers and subcontractors to help develop new business opportunities for Company.
• Provide input to Procurement reporting.
• Assist Expeditor with resolution of non-conformances and OS& D’s (Over, Short, & Damages).
• Coordinate with Package Managers, Expeditors, and Freight Forwarder regarding supplier Inspection Release Note, shipment, and delivery.
• Optimize purchase and deliver assigned packages at the lowest total cost while still maintaining quality, safety, specifications, Company’s standards/procedures, client requirements, and schedule.
• Provide input to Project Controls for cashflow forecasts related to assigned packages.
• Perform PO close-out and completes supplier performance evaluations.
• Arrange for site services where required.
• Participate in mitigation and recovery efforts for assigned packages.
• Assist Expeditors and Package Managers in resolving supplier’s late documentation deliverables.
• Assist in resolving invoice questions and discrepancies with suppliers.
• Participate in audits and review processes as necessary.
• Other ah-hoc tasks as requested by the Line Manager.
Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in purchasing & material management from an accredited institution is mandatory
At least 8 to 10 years of experience in purchasing & material management .